By rejecting California WaterFix, the Westlands Water District has dealt a blow to the project. Metropolitan Water District’s math is based on a sizable contribution from Westlands, so is Santa Clara Valley Water District’s. They now have to come up with a lot more money for the Delta Tunnels. It won’t pencil out for them either.
Please join us on the evening of September 26th for the final opportunity to comment on the Delta Tunnels project before the vote at Santa Clara Valley Water District.
The Board and staff needs to be asked, “Why isn’t Santa Clara Valley Water District aligned with the rest of the Bay Area and Northern California in regards to the Delta Tunnels?” And now that Westlands is out, Santa Clara Valley Water District will have to shoulder an even larger share for the Delta Tunnels!
All meetings take place on Tuesdays at 5750 Almaden Expy, San Jose, CA 95118 in the Board’s headquarters meeting room. We recommend planning for a 1-2 minute public comment using the resources below. Restore the Delta plans to be present at all meetings.
All meetings take place on Tuesdays at 5750 Almaden Expy, San Jose, CA 95118 in the Board's headquarters meeting room.
September 26: Board meeting @ 6pm — Help us turn out the largest crowd for this date!
October 3rd: Special meeting @ 1pm *Time/Date may be subjected to change*
October 10th: Vote Day @ 1pm *Time may be subjected to change*
For more information on the agenda, please see the district's website.
* * To find your board of director and contact he/she directly, you can find your board member here and contact them directly by clicking on their bios. * *
‣ Federal Audit Reveals State & Federal Gov. Improperly Spent $84 Million to Plan for Delta Tunnels – Restore the Delta via Associated Press
‣ Can $3 per month really pay for the Delta Tunnels? – Dr. Jeff Michael, Valley Economy blog
‣ WaterFix declining trend – Dr. Jeff Michael, Valley Economy blog
‣ Press Release & Letter: Restore the Delta Warns SCVWD Board Directors of CA WaterFix Risks in Comment Letter
‣ Previous talking points for SCVWD ratepayers – Restore the Delta