STOP THE DELTA TUNNELS
This boondoggle project will be paid by 98% of Californians to benefit the 2% of special interests that are apart of the rigged California water economy.
Speak up and rally against subsidizing Big Ag, impoverishing people and families in both Southern and Northern California AND destroying the Delta estuary!
RALLY AGAINST RUNAWAY RATE HIKES: Monday, September 18th, 2017, 12:00 p.m – 2:30 p.m. @ Los Angles City Hall, 200 N Spring St, Los Angeles, CA 90012
Are you worried about unjustified and unreasonably high water and power bills from the LA Department of Water and Power (DWP)? Please join us for a public rally where we call on Mayor Garcetti to reign in DWP and to:
1. Stop a $2,000-$4,000 tunnel tax and rate hike that won’t bring Los Angeles any new water.
2. Hold the so-called “Ratepayer Advocate,” Fred Pickel, accountable for siding with DWP over ratepayers
More information, click here.
VOTE DAY AT MWD: Tuesday, September 26th, 2017, Starts at 10:00 a.m. @ MWD Headquarters, 700 North Alameda Street, Los Angeles, CA 90012
The Southern California Water Committee, which represents special interests that control water districts and agencies, is pushing their members to show up and make public comments. We need to make sure the public outnumbers these speakers.
Make your public comment. Plan a comment that is at least 2 minutes long.
‣ Can $3 per month really pay for the Delta Tunnels? – Dr. Jeff Michael, Valley Economy blog
‣ WaterFix declining trend – Dr. Jeff Michael, Valley Economy blog
‣ Press Release & Letter: Restore the Delta Outlines Risks of Delta Tunnels to LA City Council Environmental Committee
‣ Press Release & Letter: Restore the Delta Outlines Risks of Delta Tunnels Participation for MWD in Comment Letter