Planning to submit a public comment or need guidance? Missed and attended our BDCP Letter Writing Party on 5/13/14? Here are all the materials we used. Feel free to send your letters to [email protected], [email protected], or [email protected] for a critique or for any help!
Deadline for BDCP Public Comment on Draft and EIR/S has now been extended to 7/29.
To begin, download and/or view our PowerPoint, which is our guideline to make sure your comment is not thrown out or dismissed. Documents numbered 2-7 are materials that you could refer to in your letter.
(1) PowerPoint on Commenting on the BDCP (Correction made: Incorrect reference to Chapter 13 changed to Chapter 31).
(2) Places to find useful information in the BDCP EIR/EIS
(3) Table 31.1 Summary of Significant Unavoidable Adverse Impacts EIR/EIS CEQA NEPA Req Sections
(4) Implementation Structure BDCP Draft, Pg 19-20
(5) Average Annual South of Delta Water Deliveries
(6) Water Code on Bay Delta Conservation Plan (BDCP)
(7) Water Code on 2009 Delta Protection Act Coequal Goals
(8) Restore the Delta Sample Comment Letter on Funding
Other helpful resources and materials used in our letter writing workshop:
– Ch 14 on Agricultural Resources; BDCP EIR EIS Screenshot on Pg 1+ Pages 1-17 and 109-133
– Ch 15 on Recreation; BDCP EIR EIS Screenshot on Pg 1 + Pg 1-17 and 253-296
– California Advisory Committee on Salmon & Steelhead Trout letter to CA Dept of Fish & Wildlife (Useful for writing to about fish)
– BDCP Public Draft – Table of Contents
– BDCP Draft EIR/EIS – Table of Contents
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Click here to see public comments by several individuals and organizations).
Other documents that might be helpful:
NDWA Melinda Terry – PowerPoint Guide to Submitting a Public Comment on BDCP
NDWA Melinda Terry – BDCP Intent v Reality, Oct 2013 ACWA Reg 10
Boating Community Fact Sheet about BDCP
Job Creation from BDCP Does not Offset Local Negative Long Term Impacts
More documents at our FAQs & Research page here.
Click on the image below or here to read guidelines for submitting a written comment on the Draft BDCP and BDCP Draft EIR/EIS. Deadline for comments is July 29, 2014.
Comments can be mailed to:
Ryan Wulff, National Marine Fisheries Service
650 Capitol Mall, Suite 5-100
Sacramento, CA 95814
OR they can be emailed to: