Our mission is to save the San Francisco Bay-Delta estuary for our children and future generations. Support our work.
- California Water News Roundup 2/15/19 Well that was quite a week in California water news, we had a little bit of everything. Enjoy. Rivers of RainAtmospheric river possible next week for California, raising flood concerns – Mercury NewsDam releases to increase as storm moves into NorCal – KCRABay Area’s biggest storm of 2019 douses, disrupts, damages region – SF Chronicle Bad Drinking WaterEditorial: California’s contaminated ... Read More
- Restore the Delta Applauds Bills to Create a Sacra… For Immediate Release: February 5, 2019 Contact: Barbara Barrigan-Parrilla, Restore the Delta, 209-479-2053, [email protected] Restore the Delta Applauds Bills to Create a Sacramento-San Joaquin Delta National Heritage Area Stockton, CA – Restore the Delta today applauds the introduction of the Sacramento-San Joaquin Delta National Heritage Area Act in the U.S. Senate today. Congressman John Garamendi (D-Calif.) recently introduced companion legislation in the House of Representatives. The bill would ... Read More
- Sen. Dodd Introduces Delta Tunnels Oversight Bill For Immediate Releease: February 1, 2019 Contact: Paul Payne (707) 576-2093 Sen. Dodd Introduces Delta Tunnels Oversight Bill SACRAMENTO – Sen. Bill Dodd, D-Napa, introduced legislation today that will help protect California’s precious water supply and ensure the vitality of the Sacramento-San Joaquin Delta by requiring more legislative oversight and public scrutiny of the state’s twin-tunnels project known as WaterFix. “In years past, there has been ... Read More
- ACTION ALERT: Keep Telling Senator Feinstein NO Ba… Dear Friends, In a brazen final act, Governor Brown has cut a deal with the Trump Administration to save his Delta Tunnels. Brown endorsed a 7-year extension of the controversial Water Infrastructure Improvements for the Nation (WIIN) Act). These provisions were proposed by House Majority Leader Kevin McCarthy and U.S. Senator Dianne Feinstein in a deal designed ... Read More
- FEDERAL ACTION ALERT: Call Your Reps and Demand No… Last Friday, Governor Brown cut a deal with the Trump Administration to save his delta tunnels. Brown endorsed a 7-year extension of the controversial Water Infrastructure Improvements for the Nation (WIIN) Act). These provisions were proposed by House Majority Leader Kevin McCarthy and U.S. Senator Dianne Feinstein in a deal designed to increase water deliveries ... Read More
- FEDERAL ACTION ALERT: Call Your Reps and Demand No… As the Interior Appropriations Bill marches towards a Congressional vote, House Republicans are now pushing to resurrect the WIIN ACT, which would renew and potentially expand increased pumping in the Delta. When the WIIN ACT was passed in 2016, Senator Feinstein and other Congressional leaders said it was for two years to provide relief during ... Read More
- ICYMI: Brown Hints at “Big Water Deal”… In Case You Missed It: Secret Negotiations on Bay-Delta Plan Unfolding as Brown Hints at Major Water Announcement in Next 30 Days It’s been a busy week at Restore the Delta. Here’s what you need to know: Newsom and Brown wade into California water wars to delay plan to help fish – Ryan Sabalow for The Sacramento Bee “Gov. Jerry ... Read More
- Delta Flows — WaterFix Alphabet Soup Edition… By: Barbara Barrigan-Parrilla JLBC Hearing Recap After the Joint Legislative Budget Committee (JLBC) Hearing last month for the State Water Contract Extensions Amendments, Restore the Delta joined in working with coalition partners on an analysis, and legislative follow up on outcomes from the hearing. While the “holding” of the hearing itself does indeed advance the WaterFix process, ... Read More
- Delta Flows: Prop 3, Water Quality Plan Update For… Yet, another water bond Restore the Delta has been working on so many issues this year that we have not weighed in with our members on Proposition 3, the $8.9 billion dollar water bond, on the November ballot. Additionally, we did not open a PAC and lead an opposition campaign opposing Prop 3, as we did ... Read More
- Join us on 2/22 for Blues for the Delta: A Benefit… Restore the Delta presents an evening of blues, jazz, Latin and soul music, performed by Papa Hip, to benefit its campaign to raise awareness of why the San Francisco Bay-Delta estuary should be restored for future generations. Blues for the Delta Friday, February 22, 2019 7pm to 9:30pm The Side Door at the Fifth String 2900 Franklin Boulevard, Sacramento, CA ... Read More
- Join us for the Delta Smelt Strong Fundraiser! Join us for a festive evening of local wine, an appetizer buffet, and Delta Smelt swag as we recognize 2017 Delta Advocate Award Honoree, Tim Stroshane. $60 per person | $110 per couple Individual tickets: https://www.paypal.me/restorethedelta/60 Couple tickets: https://www.paypal.me/restorethedelta/110 Sponsorship Opportunities Available Casual Dress Requested The Point Waterfront Restaurant 120 Marina Drive, Rio Vista, CA 94571 May 30, 2018 | 5:30 to 7:30 pm Read More
- STAND UP, CA: We need your help to stop the tunnel… After failing to secure adequate funding for the twin tunnels (CA WaterFix) from Westlands Water District, Santa Clara Valley Water District, and Kern County Water Agency last fall, the leading proponent of the CA WaterFix, Metropolitan Water District of Southern California (MWD), is preparing their board for a vote on Tuesday to approve funding for ... Read More
TO VIEW OUR FULL BLOG, CLICK HERE FOR MORE POSTS.