Our mission is to save the San Francisco Bay-Delta estuary for our children and future generations. Support our work.
- Major Setback for Gov. Brown’s Delta Tunnels SACRAMENTO – As reported this afternoon by Maven’s Notebook The Department of Water Resources has sent a letter to the Delta Stewardship Council, formally withdrawing the Department’s certification of consistency for the California Water Fix (Delta Tunnels.) “DWR is hereby withdrawing the Certification of Consistency for California Water Fix that was filed on July 27, 2018.” DWR to DSC ... Read More
- San Francisco Bay-Delta Residents Protest Sen. Fei… For Immediate Release: December 6, 2018 Contact: Julie Light, Food and Water Watch, 510-992-4083 Barbara Barrigan-Parrilla, Restore the Delta 209-479-2053 San Francisco Bay-Delta Residents Protest Sen. Feinstein’s Water Deal SAN FRANCISCO – Public interest groups, conservationists, fishermen, and SF Bay-Delta residents delivered a strong message at the San Francisco office of Senator Dianne Feinstein today, “Drop Your Support for the ... Read More
- Restore the Delta Reax: Governor Brown Backs WIIN… FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE Friday, November 30, 2018 Contact: Barbara Barrigan-Parrilla, Restore the Delta, 209-479-2053 SACRAMENTO – Outgoing Governor Edmund G. Brown Jr. today issued a statement in support of the Water Infrastructure Improvements for the Nation Act (WIIN Act). Response by Barbara Barrigan-Parrilla, Restore the Delta, executive director: “In the final days of his term, Governor Brown has once again ... Read More
- FEDERAL ACTION ALERT: Call Your Reps and Demand No… Last Friday, Governor Brown cut a deal with the Trump Administration to save his delta tunnels. Brown endorsed a 7-year extension of the controversial Water Infrastructure Improvements for the Nation (WIIN) Act). These provisions were proposed by House Majority Leader Kevin McCarthy and U.S. Senator Dianne Feinstein in a deal designed to increase water deliveries ... Read More
- FEDERAL ACTION ALERT: Call Your Reps and Demand No… As the Interior Appropriations Bill marches towards a Congressional vote, House Republicans are now pushing to resurrect the WIIN ACT, which would renew and potentially expand increased pumping in the Delta. When the WIIN ACT was passed in 2016, Senator Feinstein and other Congressional leaders said it was for two years to provide relief during ... Read More
- FEDERAL ACTION ALERT: Call Your Reps and Demand Du… If you’ve been with us since this spring or earlier, you might remember an action alert we issued to stop the Calvert Rider, and then the Valadao Rideras part of the Interior House Appropriations Bill for FY 2019 (H.R. 6147). To refresh your memory, the Calvert Rider would prevent further judicial review of the Delta tunnels project, while the Valadao Rider ... Read More
- ICYMI: Brown Hints at “Big Water Deal”… In Case You Missed It: Secret Negotiations on Bay-Delta Plan Unfolding as Brown Hints at Major Water Announcement in Next 30 Days It’s been a busy week at Restore the Delta. Here’s what you need to know: Newsom and Brown wade into California water wars to delay plan to help fish – Ryan Sabalow for The Sacramento Bee “Gov. Jerry ... Read More
- Delta Flows — WaterFix Alphabet Soup Edition… By: Barbara Barrigan-Parrilla JLBC Hearing Recap After the Joint Legislative Budget Committee (JLBC) Hearing last month for the State Water Contract Extensions Amendments, Restore the Delta joined in working with coalition partners on an analysis, and legislative follow up on outcomes from the hearing. While the “holding” of the hearing itself does indeed advance the WaterFix process, ... Read More
- Delta Flows: Prop 3, Water Quality Plan Update For… Yet, another water bond Restore the Delta has been working on so many issues this year that we have not weighed in with our members on Proposition 3, the $8.9 billion dollar water bond, on the November ballot. Additionally, we did not open a PAC and lead an opposition campaign opposing Prop 3, as we did ... Read More
- Join us for the Delta Smelt Strong Fundraiser! Join us for a festive evening of local wine, an appetizer buffet, and Delta Smelt swag as we recognize 2017 Delta Advocate Award Honoree, Tim Stroshane. $60 per person | $110 per couple Individual tickets: https://www.paypal.me/restorethedelta/60 Couple tickets: https://www.paypal.me/restorethedelta/110 Sponsorship Opportunities Available Casual Dress Requested The Point Waterfront Restaurant 120 Marina Drive, Rio Vista, CA 94571 May 30, 2018 | 5:30 to 7:30 pm Read More
- STAND UP, CA: We need your help to stop the tunnel… After failing to secure adequate funding for the twin tunnels (CA WaterFix) from Westlands Water District, Santa Clara Valley Water District, and Kern County Water Agency last fall, the leading proponent of the CA WaterFix, Metropolitan Water District of Southern California (MWD), is preparing their board for a vote on Tuesday to approve funding for ... Read More
- April 2018: Delta Smelt Spawning March Decades of overpumping the San Francisco Bay-Delta estuary and greed-driven water mismanagement has lead California to a critical moment in its environmental history. Only two Delta smelt were identified in the state’s last fish survey–the lowest count in 50 years. Now more than ever, this small but mighty indicator species needs fresh water to flow ... Read More
TO VIEW OUR FULL BLOG, CLICK HERE FOR MORE POSTS.