Our mission is to save the San Francisco Bay-Delta estuary for our children and future generations. Support our work.
- CA WATER: SF Bay-Delta Activists Welcome Governor … For Immediate Release: January 7, 2018 Contact: Barbara Barrigan-Parrilla, 209-479-2053 CA WATER: SF Bay-Delta Activists Welcome Governor Newsom; New agenda could protect largest estuary on the West Coast Sacramento – As Gavin Newsom is sworn-in as the new Governor of the State of California, water activists from the San Francisco Bay-Delta community are feeling hopeful about a potential change in ... Read More
- Governor Brown’s “Surrender Dorothy… For Immediate Release: 12/19/18 Contact: Barbara Barrigan-Parrilla, 209-479-2053 Tim Stroshane, 510-847-7556 DWR’S No Harm Agreement & Letter Of Dismissal To Water Agencies: A “Surrender Dorothy” Effort To Save WaterFix By The Brown Administration Stockton – Documents released to the Planning and Conservation League via a public records act request this week reveal details of the “No Harm Agreement” between the California ... Read More
- Restore the Delta Responds To Brown and Trump Admi… For Immediate Release: 12/15/18 Contact: Barbara Barrigan-Parrilla, 209-479-2053 Tim Stroshane, 510-847-7556 Restore the Delta Responds To Brown and Trump Administrations’ Secret Negotiations on California Water On his way out of office, Governor Brown… SACRAMENTO – This morning, The Sacramento Bee broke the news: California cedes water to feds in Delta deal with Trump Dale Kasler and Ryan Sabalow write: “Southern Californians could lose billions ... Read More
- ACTION ALERT: Keep Telling Senator Feinstein NO Ba… Dear Friends, In a brazen final act, Governor Brown has cut a deal with the Trump Administration to save his Delta Tunnels. Brown endorsed a 7-year extension of the controversial Water Infrastructure Improvements for the Nation (WIIN) Act). These provisions were proposed by House Majority Leader Kevin McCarthy and U.S. Senator Dianne Feinstein in a deal designed ... Read More
- FEDERAL ACTION ALERT: Call Your Reps and Demand No… Last Friday, Governor Brown cut a deal with the Trump Administration to save his delta tunnels. Brown endorsed a 7-year extension of the controversial Water Infrastructure Improvements for the Nation (WIIN) Act). These provisions were proposed by House Majority Leader Kevin McCarthy and U.S. Senator Dianne Feinstein in a deal designed to increase water deliveries ... Read More
- FEDERAL ACTION ALERT: Call Your Reps and Demand No… As the Interior Appropriations Bill marches towards a Congressional vote, House Republicans are now pushing to resurrect the WIIN ACT, which would renew and potentially expand increased pumping in the Delta. When the WIIN ACT was passed in 2016, Senator Feinstein and other Congressional leaders said it was for two years to provide relief during ... Read More
- ICYMI: Brown Hints at “Big Water Deal”… In Case You Missed It: Secret Negotiations on Bay-Delta Plan Unfolding as Brown Hints at Major Water Announcement in Next 30 Days It’s been a busy week at Restore the Delta. Here’s what you need to know: Newsom and Brown wade into California water wars to delay plan to help fish – Ryan Sabalow for The Sacramento Bee “Gov. Jerry ... Read More
- Delta Flows — WaterFix Alphabet Soup Edition… By: Barbara Barrigan-Parrilla JLBC Hearing Recap After the Joint Legislative Budget Committee (JLBC) Hearing last month for the State Water Contract Extensions Amendments, Restore the Delta joined in working with coalition partners on an analysis, and legislative follow up on outcomes from the hearing. While the “holding” of the hearing itself does indeed advance the WaterFix process, ... Read More
- Delta Flows: Prop 3, Water Quality Plan Update For… Yet, another water bond Restore the Delta has been working on so many issues this year that we have not weighed in with our members on Proposition 3, the $8.9 billion dollar water bond, on the November ballot. Additionally, we did not open a PAC and lead an opposition campaign opposing Prop 3, as we did ... Read More
- Join us on 2/22 for Blues for the Delta: A Benefit… Restore the Delta presents an evening of blues, jazz, Latin and soul music, performed by Papa Hip, to benefit its campaign to raise awareness of why the San Francisco Bay-Delta estuary should be restored for future generations. Blues for the Delta Friday, February 22, 2019 7pm to 9:30pm The Side Door at the Fifth String 2900 Franklin Boulevard, Sacramento, CA ... Read More
- Join us for the Delta Smelt Strong Fundraiser! Join us for a festive evening of local wine, an appetizer buffet, and Delta Smelt swag as we recognize 2017 Delta Advocate Award Honoree, Tim Stroshane. $60 per person | $110 per couple Individual tickets: https://www.paypal.me/restorethedelta/60 Couple tickets: https://www.paypal.me/restorethedelta/110 Sponsorship Opportunities Available Casual Dress Requested The Point Waterfront Restaurant 120 Marina Drive, Rio Vista, CA 94571 May 30, 2018 | 5:30 to 7:30 pm Read More
- STAND UP, CA: We need your help to stop the tunnel… After failing to secure adequate funding for the twin tunnels (CA WaterFix) from Westlands Water District, Santa Clara Valley Water District, and Kern County Water Agency last fall, the leading proponent of the CA WaterFix, Metropolitan Water District of Southern California (MWD), is preparing their board for a vote on Tuesday to approve funding for ... Read More
TO VIEW OUR FULL BLOG, CLICK HERE FOR MORE POSTS.