We are a 100% grassroots campaign against Big Special Interests, which means we need all the people power we can get. Here important ways you can get involved:
•Take Action now. Go to our action alerts to see our latest alerts.
•Sign-up for e-mail alerts: Stay involved with the ongoing effort to save the Delta from massive water privatization. Get our action and media alerts. Sign up.
•Spread awareness with our campaign materials: Californians need to be informed about Governor Brown’s tunnels plan and how it will impact the SF Bay-Delta, the “switchyard” of California water. Help us raise the profile of our #NoTunnels campaign by purchasing our bumper stickers, window signs, yard signs and more. Purchase yard signs and get bumper stickers.
• Become a water advocate: Here is what you can do:
1) Respond to newspaper articles about water online. Log in and relate the article to why you are against the tunnels: drought, costs, wildlife, family farms vs. unsustainable Ag. Source you can use: RTD Website, Pacific Institute, Dr. Jeff Michael’s Valley Econ Blog. Use facts, not just opinion. Be polite at all times. Humor helps!
2) Letters to the editor: Usually 200 words emailed to the editor of your newspaper. Topics: Respond to water stories and relate to tunnels; ask why they aren’t covering tunnels in greater detail; drought; costs, property taxes to pay for tunnels; family farms of Delta vs. unsustainable Ag.
3) Organize to attend water board meetings at Santa Clara Valley Water District Meetings; Zone 7 Meetings; MWD Meetings (LA Events); Kern County Water Agency; San Luis Delta Mendota Water Authority meetings. Organize as a ratepayer. Organize as a protector of the Delta. Organize as a taxpayer. Use our materials and follow our alerts to organize.
4) Redistribute our work! Pass along our articles. Share our Facebook materials, our Tweets. You have permission to reprint our materials in your newsletters, publications etc. Just please give us credit.
• Volunteer or intern: We are in need of volunteers to help us with administrative work, tabling at events, and much more. Send us your information and we will follow up!
• Host a screening, fundraiser or related event: If you can organize an event that will attract at least 10 people are more, we are happy to provide you with the materials for a screening, flyer, etc, including a speaker if necessary. Get in touch with us at Stina@RestoretheDelta.org to get started.
• Lastly, donate or join our monthly donors club: Every campaign needs financial resources. Due to the talent of our team and our network of California water advocates like you, we know how to stretch our dollars for maximum impact. Donate
NOTE: If you have problem with PayPal buttons, it may be an issue with your browser. PayPal works best on Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox.
Yard signs | Bumper Stickers | Over Troubled Waters Documentary |
Description: A water proof foam board, size about 2 ft length by 3 ft width. Will come with two metal stakes and two complimentary “Save the SF Bay-Delta, Stop the Tunnels” bumper stickers. Shipped via USPS with tracking. If you do not receive your order within 12 business days, please contact Stina@RestoretheDelta.org, or call 209-475-9550. You may also drop by our office at 42 N. Sutter St., Suite 506, Stockton, CA 95202, Monday-Friday from 10:00 am to 4:30 pm, please call before dropping by. Thank you!
Free materials to distribute! Please e-mail Stina@RestoretheDelta.org for any request to distribute handouts for now.
Description: 12″ length by 18″ width, Cardstock material, same graphic/text as yard signs
Handouts: These are easy to print 8″ x 11″ handouts that summarizes all the necessary information to increase awareness and opposition against Governor Brown’s tunnels plan. Go to our FAQs & Research section to print handouts.