Our mission is to save the San Francisco Bay-Delta estuary for our children and future generations. Support our work.
- Congressional Efforts To Thwart Bay-Delta Water Qu… For immediate release: October 15, 2018 Contact: Barbara Barrigan-Parrilla, Restore the Delta, 209-475-9550, [email protected] Tim Stroshane, Restore the Delta, 510-847-7556, [email protected] STOCKTON, CA – Last week, Congressman Jeff Denham (CA-10) hosted a visit by Federal Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) head Andrew Wheeler to discuss using the Clean Water Act as a tool to thwart the Bay-Delta Water Quality Plan, ... Read More
- To Recuse Or Not To Recuse, That is the Question: … For immediate release: 10/15/18 Contact: Barbara Barrigan-Parrilla, Restore the Delta, 209-475-9550, [email protected] Tim Stroshane, Restore the Delta, 510-847-7556, [email protected] STOCKTON, CA – Last month, Bethany Pane, Chief Counsel for the Delta Stewardship Council (DSC) sent an email to DSC subscribers that three council members recused themselves from the Delta tunnels appeals proceeding, a process related to a vote on ... Read More
- In Case You Missed It: Dr. Jeff Michael: “New Wate… ICYMI: 9/28/18 Contact: Barbara Barrigan-Parrilla, Restore the Delta, 209-479-2053, [email protected] In Case You Missed It: Dr. Jeff Michael: “New WaterFix Economic Analysis Is Even Worse” Than Originally Thought In his ValleyEcon Blog, Dr. Jeff Michael, Executive Director of the Center for Business and Policy Research at the University of the Pacific, explains that that the sea-level rise benefit touted in ... Read More
- ACTION ALERT: Time to Oppose the Delta Tunnels at … ACTION ALERT: Time to Oppose the Delta Tunnels at the Delta Stewardship Council! What: Public Hearing Regarding Appeals of the Consistency Certification for CA WaterFix: public comment period When: Oct. 26th starting at 9 am Where: Ramada Inn, West Sacramento, Conference Center Pack a lunch; pack a book and some knitting; charge up your cell phone. And be ready to ... Read More
- ACTION ALERT: Help Us Stop the Resnick + MWD Water… The recent legislative failures to stop the Cadiz Water Project and to enact the Safe and Affordable Drinking Water Fund sting a little more knowing that the JLBC hearing is just a few short days away (September 11)—a meeting that would rubber stamp a 50-year State Water contract before Delta tunnels amendments have been finished ... Read More
- ACTION ALERT: It’s Time to Stop the Joint Legisla… ACTION ALERT: It’s Time to Stop the Joint Legislative Budget Committee Hearing Rescheduled for 9/11! AB 2649 has died at the end of the legislative session, thanks to your efforts to stop it. Had it passed, the bill would have sunseted the requirement to hold the JLBC meeting to proceed with the State Water Project contract extension and ... Read More
- Delta Flows — WaterFix Alphabet Soup Edition… By: Barbara Barrigan-Parrilla JLBC Hearing Recap After the Joint Legislative Budget Committee (JLBC) Hearing last month for the State Water Contract Extensions Amendments, Restore the Delta joined in working with coalition partners on an analysis, and legislative follow up on outcomes from the hearing. While the “holding” of the hearing itself does indeed advance the WaterFix process, ... Read More
- Delta Flows: Prop 3, Water Quality Plan Update For… Yet, another water bond Restore the Delta has been working on so many issues this year that we have not weighed in with our members on Proposition 3, the $8.9 billion dollar water bond, on the November ballot. Additionally, we did not open a PAC and lead an opposition campaign opposing Prop 3, as we did ... Read More
- ICYMI: Highlights from RTD’s EJ Report Press… In Case You Missed It: Highlights from RTD’S EJ Report Press Conference Read our press release here. Tunnel foes shift focus to Delta’s most disadvantaged communities – Stockton Record “It is the role of government agencies to consider environmental justice concerns as they affect all groups of people, including communities of color and low-income residents that comprise a significant ... Read More
- Join us for the Delta Smelt Strong Fundraiser! Join us for a festive evening of local wine, an appetizer buffet, and Delta Smelt swag as we recognize 2017 Delta Advocate Award Honoree, Tim Stroshane. $60 per person | $110 per couple Individual tickets: https://www.paypal.me/restorethedelta/60 Couple tickets: https://www.paypal.me/restorethedelta/110 Sponsorship Opportunities Available Casual Dress Requested The Point Waterfront Restaurant 120 Marina Drive, Rio Vista, CA 94571 May 30, 2018 | 5:30 to 7:30 pm Read More
- STAND UP, CA: We need your help to stop the tunnel… After failing to secure adequate funding for the twin tunnels (CA WaterFix) from Westlands Water District, Santa Clara Valley Water District, and Kern County Water Agency last fall, the leading proponent of the CA WaterFix, Metropolitan Water District of Southern California (MWD), is preparing their board for a vote on Tuesday to approve funding for ... Read More
- April 2018: Delta Smelt Spawning March Decades of overpumping the San Francisco Bay-Delta estuary and greed-driven water mismanagement has lead California to a critical moment in its environmental history. Only two Delta smelt were identified in the state’s last fish survey–the lowest count in 50 years. Now more than ever, this small but mighty indicator species needs fresh water to flow ... Read More
TO VIEW OUR FULL BLOG, CLICK HERE FOR MORE POSTS.