Our mission is to save the San Francisco Bay-Delta estuary for our children and future generations.
- Gov. Brown seeks Flood Control Money, Restore the … For Immediate Release: 2/24/17 Contact: Barbara Barrigan-Parrilla, 209-479-2053, firstname.lastname@example.org Gov. Brown seeks Flood Control Money, Restore the Delta Reax Stockton – RE: Jerry Brown wants to spend nearly $450 million on flood control following dam emergency Restore the Delta, executive director, Barbara Barrigan-Parrilla responded: “We agree with Governor Brown about the need to spend for flood control improvements. $450 million in ... Read More
- KCET: Who Should Pay To Fix The Oroville Dam? We’re featured in KCET Commentary: Who Should Pay To Fix The Oroville Dam? By Barbara Barrigan-Parrilla, Restore The Delta | February 22, 2017 Excerpt: “The answer is the State Water Contractors, the beneficiaries of the project. That’s according to the Department of Water Resources. Water supply benefits are paid for by water contractors, and spillways are part of ... Read More
- Metropolitan Water District May Lease Delta Island… For Immediate Release: 2/15/17 Contact: Barbara Barrigan-Parrilla, 209-479-2053, email@example.com Metropolitan Water District May Lease Delta Islands GM Kightlinger says Oroville Dam repair is CA Taxpayer responsibility Stockton, CA – Metropolitan Water District of Southern California’s outsized influence on California water management has become very clear this week. Metropolitan Water District’s General Manager Jeff Kightlinger held closed door committee meetings on ... Read More
- Sign the Petition: Reduce Delta Exports, Restore D… The Bay-Delta Water Quality Control Plan has the potential to stop the decades-long over pumping of the Delta. This year we have the opportunity to make sure the State gets it right. Read More
- Bay-Delta Water Quality: Submit Your Written Comme… Update 1.9.17: Make an extra impact. Join us in sending a petition the State Water Board on the Bay-Delta Water Quality Control Plan, click here to sign. In 2016, thousands of Restore the Delta supporters signed a petition urging the State Water Resources Control Board to update outdated water quality standards for the Bay-Delta region. Hundreds ... Read More
- VIDEO: Restore the Delta Presents Case Against Del… If you missed the live broadcast of our case against the Delta Tunnels permit request, you can watch or listen to our team below via YouTube. Opening statement – Watch here. Tim Stroshane: Tunnels Modeling, Flow Alterations, Water Quality, and A New Water Right – Watch here. Senator Mike Machado (Ret.): Salinity and Economic Impacts – Watch here. Barbara Barrigan-Parrilla: Delta ... Read More
- Oppose Assembly Bill 313 By Tim Stroshane, Policy Analyst, Restore the Delta Claiming that California’s “water management at the state level is broken,” Assembly member Adam C. Gray (D-Merced) plugged introduction of his Assembly Bill 313 via Maven’s Notebook on February 6, 2017. In his cliché-ridden press release, Mr. Gray argues that “anyone who has tried to work with the ... Read More
- Delta Flows: What Exactly is California DWR Sellin… by Barbara Barrigan-Parrilla, executive director, Restore the Delta October 12, 2016 UPDATE at 12:00 today: DWR will delay their response to our PRA request. Mr. Stroshane, Your California Public Records Act request (attached) sent to Director Mark Cowin has been forwarded to me for review and response. I’m replying to your request pursuant to the California Public ... Read More
- Delta People Should Shut Up, Again by Barbara Barrigan-Parrilla and Tim Stroshane Restore the Delta Remember back in May of 2015 when Jerry Brown suggested critics of his Delta Tunnels plan should “shut up?” Well, now Californians for Water Security are also asking SF Bay-Delta activists to please shut up. That’s not surprising coming from an astroturf lobbying campaign, launched with the support of ... Read More
- March Delta Speaker Series: Past, Present, and Fut… Join us for the second installment of our Delta Speaker Series as we explore the past, present, and future of Delta literature. Restore the Delta Executive Director, Barbara Barrigan-Parrilla, will share about the history of written works on the topic of the San Joaquin-SF Bay Delta before opening up a panel discussion with two Central ... Read More
- Berkeley 3/29: Tim Stroshane Reading & Discus… Bay area friends, our book tour for “Drought, Water Law and the origins of the Central Valley Project” is now moving to Pegasus Books Downtown in Berkeley. Get informed about our water history and the interests behind the development of our state’s infrastructure. Read More
- A Date is Set: The Delta Dream Fundraiser Restore the Delta invites you our fund-raising event at the home of Alex and Faye Spanos on March 2, 2017. Read More
TO VIEW OUR FULL BLOG, CLICK HERE FOR MORE POSTS.