Our mission is to save the San Francisco Bay-Delta estuary for our children and future generations.
- NEWS: “Very Significant Risk” From Oro… Here are some great stories you might've missed this week! Make a donation here to continue to support our work! Thank you to all who showed up at the Delta Stewardship Council meeting today. The room was too small to fit all the people attending to say no to amending the Delta Plan to incorporate the tunnels! We ... Read More
- Media Advisory: Delta Advocates to Oppose Delta Tu… Media Advisory for Thursday, March 23, 2017 Contact: Barbara Barrigan-Parrilla, Restore the Delta, 209479-2053, [email protected] Delta Advocates to Oppose Delta Tunnels Motion at Delta Stewardship Council on Thursday Who: The Delta Stewardship Council, Restore the Delta, concerned citizens What: DSC meeting March 23 (meeting at 9 a.m. – pubic session begins at 10 a.m.) Where: Brentwood Community Center, 708 3rd Street, ... Read More
- Federal Scientists Find Delta Tunnels Plan Will De… Contact: Barbara Barrigan-Parrilla, 209-479-2053, [email protected] ICYMI – 3/21/17 Federal Scientists Find Delta Tunnels Plan Will Devastate Salmon The National Marine Fisheries Service (NMFS) has released a draft biological opinion documenting the harm the tunnels would cause to salmon, steelhead, Delta and longfin smelt, other fish and wildlife species, and water quality. Read FishSniffer article 3/20/17 View the draft biological opinion Section focusing ... Read More
- April 22: March for Science in San Francisco or Sa… Restore the Delta will be joining in to represent the Bay-Delta! Will you? Federal science is what protects the San Francisco Bay-Delta! It is what we use in our daily messaging to reveal the injustices and over pumping by special interests. Please plan to join us, bring signs to represent the SF Bay-Delta communities and our ... Read More
- March 23: Defend the Delta from the Tunnels @ DSC … The Delta Stewardship Council (DSC) has been attempting to pull a fast one on Delta area residents. They are considering a motion to amend the Delta Plan to automatically accept new conveyance, aka the Delta tunnels, into their master plan for the Delta, without proper public vetting. We need you to attend the Delta Stewardship ... Read More
- Alerts: We’ve got Metropolitan Water Distric… Last weekend, Restore the Delta hosted and organized a successful event in Spanish with Univision and Food and Water Watch for the Latino community in East Los Angeles. We gave facts to the audience in Spanish about why the project is a bad idea for the Delta and for Metropolitan Water District (MWD) ratepayers. Like ... Read More
- Metropolitan Water District: The Absentee Landlord By Barbara Barrigan-Parrilla, Executive Director, Restore the Delta In 2016, Metropolitan Water District of Southern California (MWD), the largest of the State Water Contractors, spent $175 million to purchase Delta islands. Now they are trying to lease land back to the original owners, SemiTropic Water Storage Agency. MWD has learned that maintenance of Delta levees, water ... Read More
- Oppose Assembly Bill 313 By Tim Stroshane, Policy Analyst, Restore the Delta Claiming that California’s “water management at the state level is broken,” Assembly member Adam C. Gray (D-Merced) plugged introduction of his Assembly Bill 313 via Maven’s Notebook on February 6, 2017. In his cliché-ridden press release, Mr. Gray argues that “anyone who has tried to work with the ... Read More
- Delta Flows: What Exactly is California DWR Sellin… by Barbara Barrigan-Parrilla, executive director, Restore the Delta October 12, 2016 UPDATE at 12:00 today: DWR will delay their response to our PRA request. Mr. Stroshane, Your California Public Records Act request (attached) sent to Director Mark Cowin has been forwarded to me for review and response. I’m replying to your request pursuant to the California Public ... Read More
- March Delta Speaker Series: Past, Present, and Fut… Join us for the second installment of our Delta Speaker Series as we explore the past, present, and future of Delta literature. Restore the Delta Executive Director, Barbara Barrigan-Parrilla, will share about the history of written works on the topic of the San Joaquin-SF Bay Delta before opening up a panel discussion with two Central ... Read More
- Book Tour 2017 Schedule: Drought, Water Law &… Our policy analyst and new author Tim Stroshane will be touring the state to read from his new book “Drought, Water Law, and the Origins of California’s Central Valley Project.” Book Tour Schedule: Stockton Sacramento Berkeley: Wednesday night, March 29 from 7:30 pm to 8:30 pm @ Pegasus Books Downtown, 2349 Shattuck Ave, Berkeley, California 94704 – No RSVP ... Read More
- A Date is Set: The Delta Dream Fundraiser Restore the Delta invites you our fund-raising event at the home of Alex and Faye Spanos on March 2, 2017. Read More
TO VIEW OUR FULL BLOG, CLICK HERE FOR MORE POSTS.