Our mission is to save the San Francisco Bay-Delta estuary for our children and future generations. Support our work.
- Action Alert: Pro-Tunnels Agenda? Why You Should S… We are alerting you about the Delta Stewardship’s Delta Plan Amendments PEIR Public Comment Event this Thursday (12/14) because of its essential part in the Delta Tunnels project process. However, we have found with the Delta Stewardship Council (DSC) that it is best to put comments in writing to be part of the record for ... Read More
- ALERT: Beat Westlands’ Big Push Before the H… “We know exactly what improper storage, conveyance and disposal of these contaminated drainage waters does to the environment. We saw it in Kesterson, and we don’t want to see it again. We don’t think that Westlands are going to have fish and the environment top of mind when they implement their plans.” – Noah Oppenheim, ... Read More
- Take Action: Westlands is Still Trying to Farm Ame… Friends of the Bay-Delta, We just received confirmation that Rep. McCarthy's attempt to add H.R. 1769, the Valadao drainage bill to approve the Westlands settlement, to the NDAA Conference, was rejected by the Conference Committee. The Rider will not be included in the final bill thanks to advocates like you who called and wrote to your ... Read More
- Notes from CA WaterFix Industry Day: DWR to Award… Sacramento – Officials for CA WaterFix Industry Day announced that while not all funding is available for WaterFix presently, that the first $1 billion for four contracts will be made public today, December 7, 2017. The Design Construction Enterprise (a CA WaterFix unit staffed by Metropolitan Water District employees and associates embedded in the Department ... Read More
- CA WaterFix Industry Day Scheduled, Despite Audit … Sacramento — Despite no detailed financial plan, cost-benefit analysis, and unsavory findings in both federal and state audit reports, CA WaterFix proponents have planned an “Industry Day,” for potential contractors and clients. Before the Thanksgiving holiday, General Manager of Metropolitan Water District, Jeff Kightlinger announced via email that the state would be hosting the “Industry Day”. ... Read More
- Delta Coalition Submits Testimony for Phase II of … Sacramento – Today Earthjustice, representing Restore the Delta, submitted detailed testimony from several environmental, recreational, tribal and public trust advocates for Part 2 of State Water Resources Control Board (SWRCB) hearings on the Delta Tunnels (CA WaterFix), slated to begin January 18, 2018. The SWRCB’s hearings will focus on whether the California Department of Water Resources’ ... Read More
- California WaterFix, WaterFantasy Read More
- WaterFix Chaos, Colonized Delta, and California De… By Barbara Barrigan-Parrilla and Tim Stroshane In water agencies all over California right now, fevered phone calls between general managers and directors and attorneys and engineers are likely happening because of Westlands Water District’s vote to reject California WaterFix on September 19th: Will the project have to get smaller or stay the same? Will the state water contractors ... Read More
- California WaterFix: The Real Costs, Choices, and … Over the years, some Northern California supporters of Restore the Delta have complained about Southern California water users by making specious claims that everyone down there “has a swimming pool,” or “waters their sidewalk” carelessly during periods of drought, while the Delta continues to decline with inadequate freshwater flows. We even have some supporters who ... Read More
- Thursday: Delta Caucus to host twin-tunnels forum … RIO VISTA — The Delta Caucus will conduct a public hearing on Gov. Jerry Brown’s proposed twin-tunnels project Nov. 30 in Walnut Grove. Read More
- Speak Up Against Pro-Tunnels Amendments at the Del… UPDATE: The Delta Stewardship Council is now taking written public comments. See below! Friends of the Bay-Delta, Remember the Delta Stewardship Council's pro-Tunnels Delta Plan amendments? For years, Restore the Delta, environmental groups, and Delta residents have requested the Delta Stewardship Council to follow Delta Reform Act mandates to reduce reliance on the Delta, invest in existing levees, ... Read More
- Silicon Valley: Final opportunity to comment befor… By rejecting California WaterFix, the Westlands Water District has dealt a blow to the project. Metropolitan Water District’s math is based on a sizable contribution from Westlands, so is Santa Clara Valley Water District’s. They now have to come up with a lot more money for the Delta Tunnels. It won’t pencil out for them ... Read More
TO VIEW OUR FULL BLOG, CLICK HERE FOR MORE POSTS.