Our mission is to save the San Francisco Bay-Delta estuary for our children and future generations. Support our work.
- Restore the Delta Presents New Environmental Justi… STOCKTON, CA – Today, Restore the Delta held a press conference to debut their new environmental justice report, “The Fate of the Delta: Impacts of Proposed Water Projects and Plans on Delta Environmental Justice Communities.” Restore the Delta created this historical, sociological report to document the environmental concerns and needs of those who will be harmed ... Read More
- Joint Statement from Restore the Delta and Food an… SACRAMENTO, CA--Today the Joint Legislative Budget Committee (JLBC) held an informational hearing to discuss the State Water Project (SWP) contract extensions. JLBC Chair Senator Holly Mitchell (D-30, Los Angeles) stated at the start and at the end of the hearing that the legislature would be fully committed to further legislative oversight of the Delta tunnels ... Read More
- The Three-Card Monte Continues: Essential JLBC He… Restore the Delta maintains that the Joint Legislative Budget Committee (JLBC) hearing for the State Water Contract should not be held tomorrow, September 11, 2018 for the following reasons: 1) The State Water Contract does not contain the Delta tunnels amendments; Water Code 147.5 says that the State Water Contract must provide the terms and conditions ... Read More
- ACTION ALERT: Help Us Stop the Resnick + MWD Water… The recent legislative failures to stop the Cadiz Water Project and to enact the Safe and Affordable Drinking Water Fund sting a little more knowing that the JLBC hearing is just a few short days away (September 11)—a meeting that would rubber stamp a 50-year State Water contract before Delta tunnels amendments have been finished ... Read More
- ACTION ALERT: It’s Time to Stop the Joint Legisla… ACTION ALERT: It’s Time to Stop the Joint Legislative Budget Committee Hearing Rescheduled for 9/11! AB 2649 has died at the end of the legislative session, thanks to your efforts to stop it. Had it passed, the bill would have sunseted the requirement to hold the JLBC meeting to proceed with the State Water Project contract extension and ... Read More
- Celebrate Yesterday’s Victory While Racking Up Ano… Assembly Member Richard Bloom has put into play a gut and amend bill, AB2649, which would repeal the required Joint Legislative Budget Committee (JLBC) hearing for oversight of the State Water Project contracts and the Delta tunnels, replacing the meeting with an even WEAKER oversight process! We need your help calling Senate President pro Tempore Toni ... Read More
- ICYMI: Highlights from RTD’s EJ Report Press… In Case You Missed It: Highlights from RTD’S EJ Report Press Conference Read our press release here. Tunnel foes shift focus to Delta’s most disadvantaged communities – Stockton Record “It is the role of government agencies to consider environmental justice concerns as they affect all groups of people, including communities of color and low-income residents that comprise a significant ... Read More
- California’s Real “Fix” for Affordable Water By: Barbara Barrigan-Parrilla Recently, I had the opportunity to hear Mr. Gary Brown, Director for the Detroit Water and Sewerage Department (DWSD), address government water leaders from an assortment of California’s state and local water agencies about how Detroit reworked policies to address water affordability issues—a strategy that has led to 95% of Detroit’s water customers ... Read More
- Where do we go from here? We keep going. Today is a new day, and not a day to feel defeated. As we reflect on yesterday’s decision, it becomes clear that we have a choice on how we move forward—we can choose to accept defeat or choose to see where we have made tremendous progress and keep going. As we are seeing on many fronts ... Read More
- Join us for the Delta Smelt Strong Fundraiser! Join us for a festive evening of local wine, an appetizer buffet, and Delta Smelt swag as we recognize 2017 Delta Advocate Award Honoree, Tim Stroshane. $60 per person | $110 per couple Individual tickets: https://www.paypal.me/restorethedelta/60 Couple tickets: https://www.paypal.me/restorethedelta/110 Sponsorship Opportunities Available Casual Dress Requested The Point Waterfront Restaurant 120 Marina Drive, Rio Vista, CA 94571 May 30, 2018 | 5:30 to 7:30 pm Read More
- STAND UP, CA: We need your help to stop the tunnel… After failing to secure adequate funding for the twin tunnels (CA WaterFix) from Westlands Water District, Santa Clara Valley Water District, and Kern County Water Agency last fall, the leading proponent of the CA WaterFix, Metropolitan Water District of Southern California (MWD), is preparing their board for a vote on Tuesday to approve funding for ... Read More
- April 2018: Delta Smelt Spawning March Decades of overpumping the San Francisco Bay-Delta estuary and greed-driven water mismanagement has lead California to a critical moment in its environmental history. Only two Delta smelt were identified in the state’s last fish survey–the lowest count in 50 years. Now more than ever, this small but mighty indicator species needs fresh water to flow ... Read More
TO VIEW OUR FULL BLOG, CLICK HERE FOR MORE POSTS.