Our mission is to save the San Francisco Bay-Delta estuary for our children and future generations. Support our work.
- Restore the Delta Responds to SWRCB Delta Water Qu… For immediate release: July 13, 2018 Contact: Barbara Barrigan-Parrilla, Restore the Delta, 209-479-2053, [email protected] Restore the Delta Responds to SWRCB Delta Water Quality Plan Update STOCKTON, CA – Restore the Delta thanks the State Water Resources Control Board (SWRCB) for stating that the lower San Joaquin River (Merced River to the Delta) inflow should contribute to Delta outflow to the San Francisco ... Read More
- LA Water & Delta Advocates Lambast MWD at CA … Yesterday, environmental and public interest groups including Restore the Delta, Food and Water Watch California, Sierra Club Los Angeles Chapter, SEIU 721, S.E.E., the Center for Food and Safety, Los Angeles area pastors, and dozens of local Los Angeles County residents delivered another punch of opposing public comments to the Metropolitan Water District of Southern ... Read More
- Restore the Delta PRA Request Shows Kern County Wa… For immediate release: July 9, 2018 Contact: Barbara Barrigan-Parrilla, Restore the Delta, 209-479-2053, [email protected] Nora Kovaleski, 408-806-6470, [email protected] Restore the Delta PRA Request Shows Kern County Water Authority and MWD Worked Together on Valadao Rider. Restore the Delta’s recent PRA request documents from the Metropolitan Water District of Southern California (MWD) reveal that Kern County Water Agency (KCWA) and MWD ... Read More
- ACTION ALERT: SPEAK UP AT DELTA TUNNELS JPA MEETI… This Thursday, July 19, the Construction Joint Powers Authority for the Delta tunnels project is meeting in Sacramento to discuss the possibility of authorizing its Executive Director to implement a professional services agreement with the Hallmark Group—a construction company that faced public scrutiny last fall when a state audit revealed Hallmark was unqualified to successfully ... Read More
- ACTION ALERT: The Next Step to Stop the Calvert Ri… ACTION ALERT: The Next Step to Stop the Calvert Rider? Get Governor Brown and the Department of Water Resources to Stand Up for Due Process Your calls, tweets, and emails encouraged Senator Feinstein and Senator Harris to voice their opposition to the Interior spending bill rider that seeks to end our legal fight to protect the Delta ... Read More
- FEDERAL ACTION ALERT: Ask Senator Harris + AG Bece… ACTION ALERT: Ask Senator Harris for Her Position on Calvert’s Tunnels Litigation Ban Rider; Tweet Attorney General Becerra On Wednesday, the draft Interior, Environment, and Appropriations spending budget for Fiscal Year 2019 was approved by the full Interior committee and will head to the House floor in the coming days. Yet, the bill will enter the House with ... Read More
- California’s Real “Fix” for Affordable Water By: Barbara Barrigan-Parrilla Recently, I had the opportunity to hear Mr. Gary Brown, Director for the Detroit Water and Sewerage Department (DWSD), address government water leaders from an assortment of California’s state and local water agencies about how Detroit reworked policies to address water affordability issues—a strategy that has led to 95% of Detroit’s water customers ... Read More
- Where do we go from here? We keep going. Today is a new day, and not a day to feel defeated. As we reflect on yesterday’s decision, it becomes clear that we have a choice on how we move forward—we can choose to accept defeat or choose to see where we have made tremendous progress and keep going. As we are seeing on many fronts ... Read More
- One Major Way to Stop the Tunnels in 2018 Dear Friends of Restore the Delta: We are very grateful for your support that comes to us in many ways throughout the year — from attending events and key government meetings, to writing comments, to making contributions. You are the glue that holds our efforts together. This is why in 2018, we are asking you all to ... Read More
- Join us for the Delta Smelt Strong Fundraiser! Join us for a festive evening of local wine, an appetizer buffet, and Delta Smelt swag as we recognize 2017 Delta Advocate Award Honoree, Tim Stroshane. $60 per person | $110 per couple Individual tickets: https://www.paypal.me/restorethedelta/60 Couple tickets: https://www.paypal.me/restorethedelta/110 Sponsorship Opportunities Available Casual Dress Requested The Point Waterfront Restaurant 120 Marina Drive, Rio Vista, CA 94571 May 30, 2018 | 5:30 to 7:30 pm Read More
- STAND UP, CA: We need your help to stop the tunnel… After failing to secure adequate funding for the twin tunnels (CA WaterFix) from Westlands Water District, Santa Clara Valley Water District, and Kern County Water Agency last fall, the leading proponent of the CA WaterFix, Metropolitan Water District of Southern California (MWD), is preparing their board for a vote on Tuesday to approve funding for ... Read More
- April 2018: Delta Smelt Spawning March Decades of overpumping the San Francisco Bay-Delta estuary and greed-driven water mismanagement has lead California to a critical moment in its environmental history. Only two Delta smelt were identified in the state’s last fish survey–the lowest count in 50 years. Now more than ever, this small but mighty indicator species needs fresh water to flow ... Read More
TO VIEW OUR FULL BLOG, CLICK HERE FOR MORE POSTS.