Our mission is to save the San Francisco Bay-Delta estuary for our children and future generations. Support our work this summer.
- Restore the Delta Outlines Risks of Delta Tunnels … For Immediate Release: August 17, 2017 Contact: Nora Kovaleski, 408-806-6470, [email protected] Barbara Barrigan-Parrilla, Restore the Delta, 209-479-2053, [email protected] Press release: Restore the Delta Outlines Risks of Delta Tunnels Participation for Westlands in Comment Letter Yesterday, Restore the Delta submitted a formal letter regarding the risks of the CA WaterFix proposal to the Westlands Water District. The comment letter outlined various fiscal, environmental, ... Read More
- LA Times Reports on Bay Delta Committee Meeting at… In case you missed it: LA Times Reports on Bay Delta Committee Meeting at MWD Yesterday Bettina Boxall of the LA Times summarized The Bay Delta Committee Meeting at the Metropolitan Water District of Southern California headquarters in her article, “A nearly $17-billion water project is being planned for California. What will it cost the Southland?” Boxall describes a ... Read More
- Restore the Delta Finds Gaping Holes in MWD White… For Immediate Release: August 14, 2017 Contact: Nora Kovaleski, 408-806-6470, [email protected] Barbara Barrigan-Parrilla, Restore the Delta, 209-479-2053, [email protected] Press Release: Restore the Delta Finds Gaping Holes in MWD White Paper #3 Restore the Delta issued a formal response to the Metropolitan Water District of Southern California third and final white paper on the Delta Tunnels. The response illuminates the gaping holes ... Read More
- ATTN: Vote on Delta Tunnels in San Jose! Santa Clara Valley area residents, The Santa Clara Valley Water District will soon vote on the Delta Tunnels project. We need to make sure that they vote NO. The public meeting on August 22nd is potentially one of their last meetings before a vote in September. At the last public meeting, the Santa Clara Valley Water District Board expressed many concerns ... Read More
- 2018 Gubernatorial Candidates Documented Stance on… NOTE: If you know of any more candidate positions, let us know so we can add/update. Gavin Newsom – Anti-tunnels Story from LA Times (2/15/15) “The delta twin tunnels, as presently envisioned, also likely would be buried. Those are Gov. Jerry Brown’s two big legacy-builders. But Brown will be termed out after 2018, and Lt. Gov. Newsom’s goal is ... Read More
- The Devil Is In The Details: Another Crucial Petit… The hardest part of our job is encouraging you, our members, to respond to government processes that induce weariness in even the hardiest public policy geeks in California. But that is what the Brown Administration, Metropolitan Water District, Kern County Water Agency, and Westlands are counting on: that if approvals for the Delta tunnels are ... Read More
- Tour: The Road Map to Stopping the Delta Tunnels Join us for a public meetings with supporters throughout the State! These public meetings are great for people of all knowledge levels on the Delta Tunnels project — new and long-time current supporters. Get updates on where we are on the road map to stop the tunnels and what needs to be done to stop ... Read More
- Stop The Tunnels: One of the Most Important Action… Update: Thanks to your help we reached 4,235 signatures in 19 days. Of these signatures, about 5% of these were out of state and the other 4,000 signatures represented a vast amount of Californian counties, from north towards Oregon and south towards San Diego. We recognize that our work would not be possible without contributions from ... Read More
- April 22 + 29: March for Science and the Climate i… Restore the Delta will be at the march and rally for the March For Science in Stockton and People’s Climate Movement in Oakland to represent the Bay-Delta and raise awareness about our cause! Will you join us? Why Participate? Climate Change is a major threat to the Bay-Delta. We are still managing our water systems for the ... Read More
- From an LA Perspective: Solutions & Costs on … A year ago roughly, Roger Patterson from the Metropolitan Water District said that he would invite Dr. Jeff Michael, from the University of the Pacific to make a presentation to the Metropolitan Water District Board of Directors on the real costs of the Delta tunnels. The invitation never happened. So we hosted a meeting on the real ... Read More
- Independent Science Review Panel Finds Problems wi… (Science Geek Edition) An analysis by an Independent Review Panel has been made public by the Delta Stewardship Council (DSC). The panel was convened by the DSC Science Program to provide the National Marine Fisheries Service (NMFS), U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service, and California Department of Fish and Wildlife with an independent analysis of the scientific information ... Read More
- Metropolitan Water District: The Absentee Landlord By Barbara Barrigan-Parrilla, Executive Director, Restore the Delta In 2016, Metropolitan Water District of Southern California (MWD), the largest of the State Water Contractors, spent $175 million to purchase Delta islands. Now they are trying to lease land back to the original owners, SemiTropic Water Storage Agency. MWD has learned that maintenance of Delta levees, water ... Read More
TO VIEW OUR FULL BLOG, CLICK HERE FOR MORE POSTS.