Our mission is to save the San Francisco Bay-Delta estuary for our children and future generations.
- VIDEO: Central Basin MWD Special Meeting on Delta … In case you missed it, we traveled to East Los Angeles to present our side at the Central Basin Municipal Water District Special Meeting on California WaterFix. We are live at the Central Basin Municipal Water District meeting! Watch our presentation. Q&A on Delta Tunnels benefits and costs – Watch our Executive Director respond to Metropolitan ... Read More
- San Luis Delta-Mendota Water Authority to Consider… For Immediate Release: 1/11/17 Contact: Barbara Barrigan-Parrilla, 209-479-2053, [email protected] San Luis Delta-Mendota Water Authority to Consider Delta Tunnels Spending: Another $4 Million Toward Larger Planning Package Stockton, CA – According to their own agenda and board packet, the San Luis Delta-Mendota Water Authority will be considering a resolution to contribute another $4 million to CA WaterFix tomorrow at their ... Read More
- Restore the Delta on DOI’s CA Drought Action Plan … For Immediate Release: 1/4/17 Contact: Barbara Barrigan-Parrilla, 209-479-2053, [email protected] Stockton, CA – Today, U.S. Secretary of the Interior Sally Jewell issued a Secretarial Order directing the Department of the Interior and its bureaus to “take timely actions to help address the effects of drought and climate change on California’s water supply and imperiled wildlife.” On the issue of ... Read More
- Sign the Petition: Reduce Delta Exports, Restore D… The Bay-Delta Water Quality Control Plan has the potential to stop the decades-long over pumping of the Delta. This year we have the opportunity to make sure the State gets it right. Read More
- Bay-Delta Water Quality: Submit Your Written Comme… Update 1.9.17: Make an extra impact. Join us in sending a petition the State Water Board on the Bay-Delta Water Quality Control Plan, click here to sign. In 2016, thousands of Restore the Delta supporters signed a petition urging the State Water Resources Control Board to update outdated water quality standards for the Bay-Delta region. Hundreds ... Read More
- VIDEO: Restore the Delta Presents Case Against Del… If you missed the live broadcast of our case against the Delta Tunnels permit request, you can watch or listen to our team below via YouTube. Opening statement – Watch here. Tim Stroshane: Tunnels Modeling, Flow Alterations, Water Quality, and A New Water Right – Watch here. Senator Mike Machado (Ret.): Salinity and Economic Impacts – Watch here. Barbara Barrigan-Parrilla: Delta ... Read More
- Delta Flows: What Exactly is California DWR Sellin… by Barbara Barrigan-Parrilla, executive director, Restore the Delta October 12, 2016 UPDATE at 12:00 today: DWR will delay their response to our PRA request. Mr. Stroshane, Your California Public Records Act request (attached) sent to Director Mark Cowin has been forwarded to me for review and response. I’m replying to your request pursuant to the California Public ... Read More
- Delta People Should Shut Up, Again by Barbara Barrigan-Parrilla and Tim Stroshane Restore the Delta Remember back in May of 2015 when Jerry Brown suggested critics of his Delta Tunnels plan should “shut up?” Well, now Californians for Water Security are also asking SF Bay-Delta activists to please shut up. That’s not surprising coming from an astroturf lobbying campaign, launched with the support of ... Read More
- Should State Agencies Be Lobbying for the Delta Tu… A recent email forwarded from one of our supporters seemed innocuous enough. The subject line read: “Op-Ed: WaterFix provides solution to California’s water woes.” These kind of emails are shared every day by people who follow California water policy. What was strange about this email was the sender, a government agency. From: CALIFORNIA NATURAL RESOURCES AGENCY The ... Read More
- A Date is Set: The Delta Dream Fundraiser Restore the Delta invites you our fund-raising event at the home of Alex and Faye Spanos on March 2, 2017. Read More
- January Speaker Series: You’re Invited! On January 25th at 6:00 p.m. in Stockton, Restore the Delta policy analyst, Tim Stroshane will be reading from his new book “Drought, Water Law, and the Origins of California’s Central Valley Project.” Come join us at the Restore the Delta office for a graduate-level class in California Water History. Books will be available for ... Read More
- Alerts: First Analysis at Tunnels’ Final EIR… ICYMI 1/4/17 – Recent News on the Delta Tunnels and California Water Economist Sees Shift in Delta Tunnels EIR from Farms to Cities In his first Valley Economy blog post for 2017, Jeffrey Michael, Executive Director of the Center for Business and Policy Research at the University of the Pacific, gives his initial take on the recently ... Read More
TO VIEW OUR FULL BLOG, CLICK HERE FOR MORE POSTS.