Our mission is to save the San Francisco Bay-Delta estuary for our children and future generations. Support our work.
- Union of Concerned Scientists Tackles California W… In the last week, the Union of Concerned Scientists have published two exceptional blog posts about how to better manage California’s water in the wake of climate change. Western states senior climate analyst for UCS, Adrienne Alvord reveals the need to improve climate change modeling practices and data literacy among water management officials in her blog ... Read More
- Letter: Reject Westlands Drainage Deal (H.R. 1769)… This letter is submitted on behalf of Local Agencies of the North Delta and Restore the Delta. We are writing to express our strong opposition to H.R. 1769, the San Luis Drainage Resolution Act, and our alarm that a concerted effort is underway to include it in the National Defense Authorization Act (“NDAA”) through a rider. We urge you ... Read More
- New weekly radio show: Listen to “Delta Flow… Today, we launched our weekly radio show "Delta Flows" a project by The Voice of Stockton – KXVS Radio and Restore the Delta. It will be a live show on Friday mornings at 10:30 a.m., with replays during the week. Bookmark this link and save this station (KXVS will soon be on FM 92.1) to listen live. Delta ... Read More
- ALERT: Beat Westlands’ Big Push Before the H… While it was very helpful to have the Senate remove the Rep McCarthy drainage rider (H.R. 1769), a $320 million giveaway to the Westlands Water District, from the recent National Defense Authorization Act conference report, the leaders of Westlands are aggressively continuing to look for other vehicles to attach the bill to in the coming ... Read More
- Take Action: Westlands is Still Trying to Farm Ame… Friends of the Bay-Delta, We just received confirmation that Rep. McCarthy's attempt to add H.R. 1769, the Valadao drainage bill to approve the Westlands settlement, to the NDAA Conference, was rejected by the Conference Committee. The Rider will not be included in the final bill thanks to advocates like you who called and wrote to your ... Read More
- Tell Senators: Stop Westlands From Farming America… Friends of the Bay-Delta, From our friends at The Pacific Coast Federation of Fishermen’s Associations (PCFFA): Please Contact: Senator Dianne Feinstein- (202) 224-3841, (310) 914-7300, (415) 393-0707, (559) 485-7430 Senator Kamala Harris- (202) 224-3553, (213) 894-5000, (415) 355-9041, (559) 497-5109 Tell both of California’s senators that you oppose HR 1769, the San Luis Drainage Resolution Act, which is expected to ... Read More
- California WaterFix, WaterFantasy Read More
- WaterFix Chaos, Colonized Delta, and California De… By Barbara Barrigan-Parrilla and Tim Stroshane In water agencies all over California right now, fevered phone calls between general managers and directors and attorneys and engineers are likely happening because of Westlands Water District’s vote to reject California WaterFix on September 19th: Will the project have to get smaller or stay the same? Will the state water contractors ... Read More
- California WaterFix: The Real Costs, Choices, and … Over the years, some Northern California supporters of Restore the Delta have complained about Southern California water users by making specious claims that everyone down there “has a swimming pool,” or “waters their sidewalk” carelessly during periods of drought, while the Delta continues to decline with inadequate freshwater flows. We even have some supporters who ... Read More
- Speak Up Against Pro-Tunnels Amendments at the Del… UPDATE: The Delta Stewardship Council is now taking written public comments. See below! Friends of the Bay-Delta, Remember the Delta Stewardship Council's pro-Tunnels Delta Plan amendments? For years, Restore the Delta, environmental groups, and Delta residents have requested the Delta Stewardship Council to follow Delta Reform Act mandates to reduce reliance on the Delta, invest in existing levees, ... Read More
- Silicon Valley: Final opportunity to comment befor… By rejecting California WaterFix, the Westlands Water District has dealt a blow to the project. Metropolitan Water District’s math is based on a sizable contribution from Westlands, so is Santa Clara Valley Water District’s. They now have to come up with a lot more money for the Delta Tunnels. It won’t pencil out for them ... Read More
- Tour: The Road Map to Stopping the Delta Tunnels Join us for a public meetings with supporters throughout the State! These public meetings are great for people of all knowledge levels on the Delta Tunnels project — new and long-time current supporters. Get updates on where we are on the road map to stop the tunnels and what needs to be done to stop ... Read More
TO VIEW OUR FULL BLOG, CLICK HERE FOR MORE POSTS.