Our mission is to save the San Francisco Bay-Delta estuary for our children and future generations. Support our work.
- DSC Draft Report Finds CA WaterFix Inconsistent Wi… For immediate release: 11/9/18 Contact: Barbara Barrigan-Parrilla, Restore the Delta, 209-479-2053, [email protected] Nora Kovaleski, 408-806-6470, [email protected] SACRAMENTO, CA – Last night, Delta Stewardship Council staff released a draft determination for the CA WaterFix project, which found that the WaterFix is not consistent with the objectives of the Delta Plan. In the staff report, DSC staff states, “In light of claims ... Read More
- Restore the Delta Demands DSC Upholds Delta Plan; … For immediate release: October 24, 2018 Contact: Barbara Barrigan-Parrilla, Restore the Delta, 209-479-2053, [email protected] Nora Kovaleski, 408-806-6470, [email protected] Restore the Delta Demands DSC Upholds Delta Plan; Asserts Tunnels Project Does Not Reduce Delta Reliance SACRAMENTO, CA – Today at the Delta Stewardship Council (DSC) hearing for the Delta tunnels project (or CA WaterFix), environmental and public trust nonprofit Restore the ... Read More
- ICYMI: Trump Administration Declares War On The De… For immediate release: October 19, 2018 Contact: Barbara Barrigan-Parrilla, Restore the Delta, 209-475-9550, [email protected] ICYMI: Trump Administration Declares War On The Delta To Save GOP House Seats STOCKTON, CA – Bettina Boxall of the Los Angeles Times reports this afternoon that President Trump has signed off on a plan led by Deputy Secretary of the Interior and former Westlands lobbyist, David Barnhardt, calling for “federal agencies ... Read More
- How You Can Help Survivors of the Camp Fire Monetary Donations for Camp Fire Survivors Fund: • Tri Counties Bank Camp Fire Victim’s: https://www.tcbk.com/fire-update • GoFundMe Roundup of Donations Pages: https://www.gofundme.com/cause/californiafires • Caring Choices Chico: http://www.caring-choices.org/ • Northern California Fire Relief Fund: https://nvcf.fcsuite.com/erp/donate/create?setc=1&funit_id=2012 • A Sacramento artist is donating proceeds from this California art print to support Camp Fire Victims: http://shop.timcollomgallery.com/product/california-relief-print/ Temporary Housing • Air BNB: Air BNB is helping connect victims and ... Read More
- ACTION ALERT: 3 Ways You Can Tell Governor-Elect … This past week was a doozy. While we received great news from the Delta Stewardship Council, Governor Brown is still relentlessly trying to push through his boondoggle legacy project. Speculation of potential backroom deals for the tunnels has popped up in news reporting and cryptic tweets. This is the real legacy that Brown is leaving behind, and we will make ... Read More
- ACTION ALERT UPDATE: Time to Oppose the Delta Tunn… First off: Congratulations to attorneys Osha Meserve and Tom Keeling whose filings to the Delta Stewardship Council led to Councilmember Maria Mehranian re-recusing herself from voting on the WaterFix Certification of Consistency “in order to avoid any appearance of bias.” Councilmember Mehranian is a partner at the Cordoba Corporation which sought and lost a contract ... Read More
- ICYMI: Brown Hints at “Big Water Deal”… In Case You Missed It: Secret Negotiations on Bay-Delta Plan Unfolding as Brown Hints at Major Water Announcement in Next 30 Days It’s been a busy week at Restore the Delta. Here’s what you need to know: Newsom and Brown wade into California water wars to delay plan to help fish – Ryan Sabalow for The Sacramento Bee “Gov. Jerry ... Read More
- Delta Flows — WaterFix Alphabet Soup Edition… By: Barbara Barrigan-Parrilla JLBC Hearing Recap After the Joint Legislative Budget Committee (JLBC) Hearing last month for the State Water Contract Extensions Amendments, Restore the Delta joined in working with coalition partners on an analysis, and legislative follow up on outcomes from the hearing. While the “holding” of the hearing itself does indeed advance the WaterFix process, ... Read More
- Delta Flows: Prop 3, Water Quality Plan Update For… Yet, another water bond Restore the Delta has been working on so many issues this year that we have not weighed in with our members on Proposition 3, the $8.9 billion dollar water bond, on the November ballot. Additionally, we did not open a PAC and lead an opposition campaign opposing Prop 3, as we did ... Read More
- Join us for the Delta Smelt Strong Fundraiser! Join us for a festive evening of local wine, an appetizer buffet, and Delta Smelt swag as we recognize 2017 Delta Advocate Award Honoree, Tim Stroshane. $60 per person | $110 per couple Individual tickets: https://www.paypal.me/restorethedelta/60 Couple tickets: https://www.paypal.me/restorethedelta/110 Sponsorship Opportunities Available Casual Dress Requested The Point Waterfront Restaurant 120 Marina Drive, Rio Vista, CA 94571 May 30, 2018 | 5:30 to 7:30 pm Read More
- STAND UP, CA: We need your help to stop the tunnel… After failing to secure adequate funding for the twin tunnels (CA WaterFix) from Westlands Water District, Santa Clara Valley Water District, and Kern County Water Agency last fall, the leading proponent of the CA WaterFix, Metropolitan Water District of Southern California (MWD), is preparing their board for a vote on Tuesday to approve funding for ... Read More
- April 2018: Delta Smelt Spawning March Decades of overpumping the San Francisco Bay-Delta estuary and greed-driven water mismanagement has lead California to a critical moment in its environmental history. Only two Delta smelt were identified in the state’s last fish survey–the lowest count in 50 years. Now more than ever, this small but mighty indicator species needs fresh water to flow ... Read More
TO VIEW OUR FULL BLOG, CLICK HERE FOR MORE POSTS.