Our mission is to save the San Francisco Bay-Delta estuary for our children and future generations. Support our work.
- MWDOC Board of Directors Approves Staff Recommenda… For immediate release: June 20, 2018 Contact: Barbara Barrigan-Parrilla, Restore the Delta, 209-479-2053, [email protected] MWDOC Board of Directors Approves Staff Recommendation to Support Calvert Rider Stripping Judicial Review From CA WaterFix Tunnels Project Today, the Municipal Water District of Orange County (MWDOC) Board of Directors approved unanimously staff’s recommendation to support the language of Congressman Ken Calvert’s rider that ... Read More
- MWDOC Legislative Committee Approves Staff Recomme… For immediate release: June 19, 2018 Contact: Barbara Barrigan-Parrilla, Restore the Delta, 209-479-2053, [email protected] MWDOC Legislative Committee Approves Staff Recommendation to Support Language of Calvert Rider Yesterday, the Municipal Water District of Orange County (MWDOC) Public Affairs and Legislation Committee approved staff’s recommendation to support the language of Congressman Ken Calvert’s rider that seeks to ban judicial review ... Read More
- MWD Orange County Staff Recommends Board to Suppor… Despite Senator Dianne Feinstein’s well-documented opposition to Congressman Ken Calvert’s (R-Corona) rider that would exempt the Delta tunnels (CA WaterFix) project from further judicial review, Metropolitan Water District of Orange County (MWDOC) staff has recommended that its board of directors support the controversial rider with a resolution vote at Monday’s, June 18, 2018 MWDOC board ... Read More
- ACTION ALERT: The Next Step to Stop the Calvert Ri… ACTION ALERT: The Next Step to Stop the Calvert Rider? Get Governor Brown and the Department of Water Resources to Stand Up for Due Process Your calls, tweets, and emails encouraged Senator Feinstein and Senator Harris to voice their opposition to the Interior spending bill rider that seeks to end our legal fight to protect the Delta ... Read More
- FEDERAL ACTION ALERT: Ask Senator Harris + AG Bece… ACTION ALERT: Ask Senator Harris for Her Position on Calvert’s Tunnels Litigation Ban Rider; Tweet Attorney General Becerra On Wednesday, the draft Interior, Environment, and Appropriations spending budget for Fiscal Year 2019 was approved by the full Interior committee and will head to the House floor in the coming days. Yet, the bill will enter the House with ... Read More
- FEDERAL ACTION ALERT: House Rider Would Attempt to… A rider included in the draft House FY 19 Interior Appropriations bill would exempt CA WaterFix from judicial review, including preempting state law to preclude litigation under state laws. This dangerous precedent would prevent anyone with standing from suing the Delta Tunnels project. The rider states: “SEC. 437. Notwithstanding any other provision of law, the Final ... Read More
- California’s Real “Fix” for Affordable Water By: Barbara Barrigan-Parrilla Recently, I had the opportunity to hear Mr. Gary Brown, Director for the Detroit Water and Sewerage Department (DWSD), address government water leaders from an assortment of California’s state and local water agencies about how Detroit reworked policies to address water affordability issues—a strategy that has led to 95% of Detroit’s water customers ... Read More
- Where do we go from here? We keep going. Today is a new day, and not a day to feel defeated. As we reflect on yesterday’s decision, it becomes clear that we have a choice on how we move forward—we can choose to accept defeat or choose to see where we have made tremendous progress and keep going. As we are seeing on many fronts ... Read More
- One Major Way to Stop the Tunnels in 2018 Dear Friends of Restore the Delta: We are very grateful for your support that comes to us in many ways throughout the year — from attending events and key government meetings, to writing comments, to making contributions. You are the glue that holds our efforts together. This is why in 2018, we are asking you all to ... Read More
- Join us for the Delta Smelt Strong Fundraiser! Join us for a festive evening of local wine, an appetizer buffet, and Delta Smelt swag as we recognize 2017 Delta Advocate Award Honoree, Tim Stroshane. $60 per person | $110 per couple Individual tickets: https://www.paypal.me/restorethedelta/60 Couple tickets: https://www.paypal.me/restorethedelta/110 Sponsorship Opportunities Available Casual Dress Requested The Point Waterfront Restaurant 120 Marina Drive, Rio Vista, CA 94571 May 30, 2018 | 5:30 to 7:30 pm Read More
- STAND UP, CA: We need your help to stop the tunnel… After failing to secure adequate funding for the twin tunnels (CA WaterFix) from Westlands Water District, Santa Clara Valley Water District, and Kern County Water Agency last fall, the leading proponent of the CA WaterFix, Metropolitan Water District of Southern California (MWD), is preparing their board for a vote on Tuesday to approve funding for ... Read More
- April 2018: Delta Smelt Spawning March Decades of overpumping the San Francisco Bay-Delta estuary and greed-driven water mismanagement has lead California to a critical moment in its environmental history. Only two Delta smelt were identified in the state’s last fish survey–the lowest count in 50 years. Now more than ever, this small but mighty indicator species needs fresh water to flow ... Read More
TO VIEW OUR FULL BLOG, CLICK HERE FOR MORE POSTS.