Our mission is to save the San Francisco Bay-Delta estuary for our children and future generations. Support our work.
- Congressman Calvert Attempts to Chip Away at Delta… For immediate release: May 17, 2018 Contact: Nora Kovaleski, 408-806-6470, [email protected] Barbara Barrigan-Parrilla, Restore the Delta, 209-479-2053, [email protected] Congressman Calvert Attempts to Chip Away at Delta Environmental Protections for “Fish-Friendly” CA WaterFix; Gov. Brown’s Silence on Efforts is Deafening This week, Congressman Ken Calvert (R-Corona) has received criticism for slipping a rider into the Interior spending bill for fiscal year 2019 that would exempt CA WaterFix ... Read More
- Author of Delta Tunnels Litigation Rider Funded by… For immediate release May 16, 2018 Contact: Nora Kovaleski, 408-806-6470, [email protected] Barbara Barrigan-Parrilla, Restore the Delta, 209-479-2053, [email protected] Author of Delta Tunnels Litigation Rider Funded by Construction & Engineering Corporations and Bottled Water STOCKTON – Today, Restore the Delta noted that the author of a rider seeking to ban all litigation against the Delta Tunnels, Congressman Ken Calvert, R-Corona, has ... Read More
- BREAKING: Santa Clara Valley Water District Pivots… For immediate release: 5/8/18 Contact: Nora Kovaleski, 408-806-6470, [email protected] Barbara Barrigan-Parrilla, Restore the Delta, 209-479-2053, [email protected] BREAKING: Santa Clara Valley Water District’s Split-Vote to Support Twin Tunnels Pivots from October Declaration SAN JOSE – This afternoon, the Santa Clara Valley Water District (SCVWD) board of directors voted to support the Twin Tunnels megaproject. The board did not commit to a ... Read More
- FEDERAL ACTION ALERT: House Rider Would Attempt to… A rider included in the draft House FY 19 Interior Appropriations bill would exempt CA WaterFix from judicial review, including preempting state law to preclude litigation under state laws. This dangerous precedent would prevent anyone with standing from suing the Delta Tunnels project. The rider states: “SEC. 437. Notwithstanding any other provision of law, the Final ... Read More
- ACTION ALERT: Stand up against the tunnels at the … ACTION ALERT: Stand up against the tunnels at the first Delta Conveyance Design and Construction Joint Powers Authority Board of Directors meeting on May 17! WHO: Directors from water districts participating in CA WaterFix include Metropolitan Water District of Southern California (MWD), Santa Clara Valley Water District (SCVWD), and Alameda County Zone 7 Water Agency, Bay-Delta advocates. WHAT: Delta ... Read More
- ACTION ALERT: Santa Clara County, It’s time… ACTION ALERT: Santa Clara County, It’s time to call your board reps and Mayor Liccardo You have written comments, shown up to meetings, and spoken before the board. Now it’s time to flood Santa Clara Valley Water District and the office of Mayor Sam Liccardo with phone calls expressing your opposition to the Delta tunnels before SCVWD revisits ... Read More
- California’s Real “Fix” for Affordable Water By: Barbara Barrigan-Parrilla Recently, I had the opportunity to hear Mr. Gary Brown, Director for the Detroit Water and Sewerage Department (DWSD), address government water leaders from an assortment of California’s state and local water agencies about how Detroit reworked policies to address water affordability issues—a strategy that has led to 95% of Detroit’s water customers ... Read More
- Where do we go from here? We keep going. Today is a new day, and not a day to feel defeated. As we reflect on yesterday’s decision, it becomes clear that we have a choice on how we move forward—we can choose to accept defeat or choose to see where we have made tremendous progress and keep going. As we are seeing on many fronts ... Read More
- One Major Way to Stop the Tunnels in 2018 Dear Friends of Restore the Delta: We are very grateful for your support that comes to us in many ways throughout the year — from attending events and key government meetings, to writing comments, to making contributions. You are the glue that holds our efforts together. This is why in 2018, we are asking you all to ... Read More
- Join us for the Delta Smelt Strong Fundraiser! Join us for a festive evening of local wine, an appetizer buffet, and Delta Smelt swag as we recognize 2017 Delta Advocate Award Honoree, Tim Stroshane. $60 per person | $110 per couple Individual tickets: https://www.paypal.me/restorethedelta/60 Couple tickets: https://www.paypal.me/restorethedelta/110 Sponsorship Opportunities Available Casual Dress Requested The Point Waterfront Restaurant 120 Marina Drive, Rio Vista, CA 94571 May 30, 2018 | 5:30 to 7:30 pm Read More
- STAND UP, CA: We need your help to stop the tunnel… After failing to secure adequate funding for the twin tunnels (CA WaterFix) from Westlands Water District, Santa Clara Valley Water District, and Kern County Water Agency last fall, the leading proponent of the CA WaterFix, Metropolitan Water District of Southern California (MWD), is preparing their board for a vote on Tuesday to approve funding for ... Read More
- April 2018: Delta Smelt Spawning March Decades of overpumping the San Francisco Bay-Delta estuary and greed-driven water mismanagement has lead California to a critical moment in its environmental history. Only two Delta smelt were identified in the state’s last fish survey–the lowest count in 50 years. Now more than ever, this small but mighty indicator species needs fresh water to flow ... Read More
TO VIEW OUR FULL BLOG, CLICK HERE FOR MORE POSTS.